Wednesday, February 13, 2008
...Wish There Was More Of?
So there I was. (All good stories start that way.) I had just finished pumping iron at the club house and went to go check the mail. I put the key the slot, opened the tiny door and peered inside. Amongst the ads and junk mail, I saw it. An envelope with actual handwriting on it! And not just any handwriting, my mommy's! The letter wasn't addressed to me, it was for Grant; (that's what happens when you have babies), a Happy Valentine's Day card (which he loved by the way, he read it like a book for about 5 minutes, an eternity for a 1 year old) but still it had me smiling and skipping all the way home. I can't explain it, but getting personalized mail is the best. So that's what I wish there was more of, handwritten cards and letters. Everyone I have ever talked to about this agrees, but life gets busy and e-cards are so much easier to send on the day of someone's birthday. Consider this a challenge, nay, a dare. I dare you to send a handwritten card or letter to someone this week. If you can't think of anyone to send one to, I know the cutest boy in the world who loves to get mail. P.S. Mom, you're off the hook!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I sent one on Monday. Does that count?
Gee, I'll have to send one more often! I completely agree that sending and receiving snail-mail is a lost practice. Hugs and kisses to our little Grant
Post a Comment